is a town located in Siskiyou County, California
. As of the 2000
census, the town had a total population of 63.
Geography\nTennant is located at 41°35'6" North, 121°54'42" West (41.585003, -121.911794)1
According to the United States Census Bureau
, the town has a total area of 0.6 km²
). 0.6 km² (0.2 mi²) of it is land and none of it is covered by water.
Demographics\nAs of the census
, there are 63 people, 34 households, and 17 families residing in the town. The population density
is 110.6/km² (289.7/mi²). There are 96 housing units at an average density of 168.5/km² (441.4/mi²). The racial makeup of the town is 88.89% White, 0.00% African American
, 1.59% Native American
, 0.00% Asian
, 0.00% Pacific Islander, 3.17% from other races, and 6.35% from two or more races. 11.11% of the population are Hispanic
of any race.
There are 34 households out of which 8.8% have children under the age of 18 living with them, 38.2% are married couples living together, 11.8% have a female householder with no husband present, and 50.0% are non-families. 44.1% of all households are made up of individuals and 26.5% have someone living alone who is 65 years of age or older. The average household size is 1.85 and the average family size is 2.53.
In the town the population is spread out with 12.7% under the age of 18, 3.2% from 18 to 24, 17.5% from 25 to 44, 36.5% from 45 to 64, and 30.2% who are 65 years of age or older. The median age is 56 years. For every 100 females there are 80.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there are 83.3 males.
The median income for a household in the town is $10,750, and the median income for a family is $26,250. Males have a median income of $21,250 versus $0 for females. The per capita income for the town is $9,929. 34.8% of the population and 31.3% of families are below the poverty line. Out of the total people living in poverty, 100.0% are under the age of 18 and 8.3% are 65 or older.